Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Fun activities to do with children to help their fine motor skills
I have created different animals that I have made out of tagboard. I lamenate them and velcro them to large countainers like coffee containers, large icecream buckets, or pails. I cut out the mouth of the animal for the chilldren to feed the animal. I use tongs and items like pom poms, play set of bugs, items I make out of felt, fishing worms without the hooks, etc. The children then use the tongs to feed the animal. For older children you can use a dice and have them roll it and then feed the animal the number that they get from rolling the dice. From toddler age children to preschool age children love to do it. You just have to remember that when you are working with toddlers that the items you are using are not choke hazzards and you need large tongs that the children are able to use them with their little hands and their hand muscle coordination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment